Hello! This blog is here to offer you a review about movies, I have watched lots of movies in my life and I just want to share the most memorable ones whether they are good or bad you are the judge and i will give you my honest review. if you have any questions at all, you can contact me on Flamingsneakers@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Top 30 horror list 1408 a review by Rhonny Reaper!



Rhonny Reaper the blogger behind the awesome fantastic blog Dollar bin Horror has given me the privilege of publishing a review made by her for one of her favorite movies 1408. read the review and enjoy.



John Cusack plays Mike Enslin, a gifted writer who has turned his talents to paranormal travel books. His stays in haunted hotels never shake him, but he's intrigued by New York's Dolphin Hotel. Room 1408 has been the site of dozens of deaths, and this is a selling point for the skeptic in Mike. Despite the warnings of the hotel manager (Samuel L. Jackson, BLACK SNAKE MOAN), Mike resolves to stay in the haunted room. No one has lasted more than an hour in 1408, and Mike has his work cut out for him. Though Cusack got his acting pedigree in comedies, he proves he's able to adeptly carry a horror film. He's in practically every frame of the film, often alone, and he's great at making the audience share in his fear.

I loved this film. It didn't rely on gore and blood to scare you. It quite simply messed with your mind. When I walked out of the theater, I had a strong feeling of unease and dread, which was scarier than any bloodbath. Most of the film takes place in the hotel room, and Cusack's performance makes the film. It's very difficult for an actor to portray a character while no one else is inside the room for him to feed on. However, he made it look like a walk in the park! The changes in his emotions seemed very realistic and you feel for him, especially for the scenes with his daughter. The story is based of the short story by Stephen King, and I truly believe this film did it justice. If you haven't yet, go see 1408!

3 comments:

  1. I liked The Haunting of Julia for some of the same reasons. That film scared the hell out of me the first time I saw it, and most of the fear elements were implied instead of being blatant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this one was pretty average. I really like Cusak in general, but couldn't get into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ll meet people from all over the world when you start hostelling.

    Pousadas em Arraial Do Cabo

    ReplyDelete